Monday, June 20, 2011

Long Day into Night

Via Flickr:
Brown dot cardigan: Aeropostale
White ruffle top: Old Navy
Red skirt: H&M
Sandals: American Eagle
Tote bag: bought at a conference years ago

After a rather unfortunate series of events, I am back. I took this picture right before I went up north to visit family, before things went a little crazy. Towards the end of my vacation my Grandma, who has been in hospice for the past month, passed away. So, instead of coming back to work I got my shifts covered so I could stay at home for a little while longer.

I feel like I was in this vacuum-totally cut off from my every day life. My apartment feels strange and biking to the library feels new and different. But I will settle into things- life goes on.

I've got fun things ahead though- I get to work on checking the records for our VHS tapes at work and I am leaving on another mini (but fun this time) vacation to Door County with friends next week.

And I have delicious food in my fridge- I'm mostly excited about my splurge on some local eggs this week.  I feel some egg salad sandwiches and some delicious baked goods (muffins, perhaps?) are in my future.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. My grandfather recently passed away a few months ago and I remember all too well what a tough time that was.

    Food is always cheering! I made some awesome bacon and pasta salad Sunday myself, with some berry lemon iced tea.

    ReplyDelete