Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chili Challenge


Mellow Yellow, originally uploaded by You dress like a librarian.
Via Flickr:
Mustard cardigan: Merona
Blue ruffle blouse: H&M
Skinny jeans: Old Navy
Brown pointy flats: Xhilaration
Timepiece necklace: etsy


It's those precious two weeks before finals when life becomes a blur. Luckily, I seem to be staying on my super nerd schedule (thank you mom for the Starbucks gift card- lattes are my motivation right now!!).

I notice that when I get bogged down with work, my personal life takes a hit. Cooking seems challenging, and picking out clothes is confusing. I wanted to wear this lovely blue blouse today because it feels a bit turn of the century with its ruffles and collarless top. The only thing I ever pair it with is my navy sweater so I had a hard time putting it with anything other than a pencil skirt and navy cardigan. Challenges are good for me- this may not be my favorite outfit ever but it is not horrible. How can we get better (as people, as librarians) if we don't challenged ourselves once in a while? My librarian challenge would be taking crazy science or business questions on chat- I panic when I don't know the subject. But, if i don't take them, how will I learn?

I have had time for some fun things- I made my favorite delicious veggie chili (using only two cans of beans and a few shakes of cumin, chili powder, and red pepper instead of the spice mix) and took a few [too many] moments today to gaze in wonder at pretty tulips:

No comments:

Post a Comment