Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Busy like a bee

Black Cardigan: Mossimo
White Tee: Merona
Yellow leaf print skirt: H&M
Teal belt: Target
Gray tights: Target
Black flats: Steve Madden


Just a quick update as I am exhausted; this week is jam packed with activity. I feel like a busy worker bee flying back and forth between the library and home. Today I had an early meeting, some last minute homework to finish, another meeting, class, and then a long ESL library section. I wish I were done but I have a virtual chat reference shift tonight from 9 to 12 tonight. My geriatric self does not care for the late nights. Tomorrow I have a lot of teaching and class and then Thursday I have extra work shifts in addition to my own. Once I get to Thursday night though, I am golden.

One misconception of working at a library is that there is not that much work to do. I knew librarians did not just read at the desk all day but even I had no idea of the amount of side projects and paperwork that are required. Some days are much busier than others, practically draining. I don't mind being busy because, most of the time, I am happy at my work. And I know things will get better once I am just working and not doing all of this extra homework.

I think that's why I needed a bright cheery outfit today- just in case the 2.5 cups of coffee didn't do their job.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're so busy hopefully it dies down a little:) but hey! There is definetly a plus side...YOU LOOK ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks!! It's the skirt, not me- it always makes me feel cute even on my roughest days!

    ReplyDelete