Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Broken


Lady Gray, originally uploaded by You dress like a librarian.
Book: Jude the Obscure
Cardigan: Old Navy
White ruffle top: Old Navy
Navy blue skirt: Merona
Belt: Forever 21
Gray tights: Target
Brown Flats: Xhilaration
Coral Bracelet: Possibly Target?


My Spring break was a wonderful thing. I visited friends (in Milwaukee and in Chicago) for the first few days and basically ate, drank beer, and caught up on life stories. Then I visited my parents for the rest of the week which is fabulous because they work during the day so I had a nice quite house to get work done. Normally I am not productive over break but once I got in the swing of things I managed to get a bit ahead of schedule. This was much needed as this week is crazy busy with extra work shifts, teaching, and projects. I also rewatched the HBO show Carnivale. I highly recommend it if you enjoy racy tv, both laughing and crying during watching tv, fortune telling, twist endings, circuses, and 1930's fashion. It's wonderful. The ending of season 2 is a bit disconcerting. I don't want to spoil anything but they end it in a way that seems like it needs to be continued (big cliffhangers) when it obviously won't be (Season 2 is the last season). So, I love it until I get to the last episode of the series.

As a result, I feel like lazing about in comfy lace slips (ala Rita Sue or Libby), reading East of Eden, and drinking. Since that is not in the cards for this week I will have to be satisfied with strong coffee and season three of Mad Men (season 4 comes out on Thursday!!). That, I can handle!

Although I may still lust after some of Sophie's dresses this week!:

No comments:

Post a Comment