Friday, May 20, 2011

Purple rain


Purple rain, originally uploaded by You dress like a librarian.
Via Flickr:
Grey Cardigan: Forever 21
Purple dress: Max Studio
Black Flats: Steve Madden
Sparrow Necklace: Etsy

It alternated between overcast, rainy, and sunny today.  Luckily, it did not rain while I was riding my bike to and from work (it's National Bike to Work day!!).  I had another reference shift and a meeting with the head of instruction to plan some projects for the summer so I felt that I needed to be a bit classier.  And why do I not wear this dress every week?!!  It languishes in my closet for months and months at a time because I forget about it.

In other news, it is very hot outside so I finally caved and cranked up the air conditioner.  Now I am in my pjs, glass of wine in hand, Buffy on dvd (the hilarious season 7 episode where Andrew narrates on camcorder), and formulating cookie baking plans for this week.  At work today someone showed me this recipe for Oreo stuffed Chocolate Chip cookies.  Then I came home and saw this equally delicious homemade Oreo recipe on the Black Apple blog.  Maybe I should make them both?  In any case, I take it as a cookie baking sign from above.  Good thing I am biking to work so I can bike off the extra calories!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, why do you not wear it more? It's so lovely! The colour is great. I vote you bring it out more!

    I baked a dozen cupcakes the other day and I had to practically force myself to eat them all before they went bad. Hazards of baking when you live by yourself and your friends eat neither dairy nor gluten!

    ReplyDelete