Thursday, March 8, 2012

It takes a little time...


Risotto, originally uploaded by You dress like a librarian.
I am currently enjoying a late lunch (totally in my blue stripe pjs....comfort!) while I work on my book talk. It's basically done but I am trying to memorize it so it goes smoothly.

The lunch is a green salad and the last of the delicious mushroom risotto I made this weekend. So I've always used boxed risotto (just add chicken broth and let it do its thing for 20 minutes) but decided to make my own from scratch from arborio rice. Between the chopping (mushrooms, onions, and garlic), the basic sauteing, and adding in warm broth slowly it took about an hour. Holy moly, it was totally worth it!! And it was so nice to just stir the broth in and drink some [a lot] of wine.

I used this recipe but added garlic after the onions had cooked a bit. I also only used 8 ounces of mushrooms and that was more than enough. I didn't have chives but I did throw in some parsley when I added the broth to liven things up.

It took a lot of time to make and clean up but I was reminded that some things are worth the time. I think life is like risotto right now- it's taking time to get a job but hopefully that means the end result will be a job I absolutely love.

No comments:

Post a Comment