Saturday, April 14, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Chili

One of my goals (you know, besides getting a job) is to cook some different recipes this semester and to use up the huge store of ingredients I have (since I will be moving in July, job or no job).

I always always have bags and bags of frozen chicken breasts in my fridge. They are cheap and easy to work with- I always have a few thawing in the refrigerator. My standby quick dinner recipe is to quickly marinate one in oil, balsamic vinegar, and Trader Joes' 21 seasoning salute for 30 minutes and then bake it. Good, but totally boring.

I love chili but don't really mix it up- I either make a delicious vegetarian 3 bean chili or beef chili. So when I saw this recipe I thought: "Yes! I can mix up my dinner menu and use up the boxes of plain old chicken I have in the freezer."

This Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili recipe (with accompanying jalapeno corn bread recipe) is easy and delicious. I'm glad I ventured out.

Now I have to go as the chili is almost done, the corn bread is cooling, and I am in need of a second beer. I still have a few more weekends of being a grad student and I tend to enjoy them!

I think I may also venture into making this chocolate chip cookie in a mug.  Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment