Thursday, January 27, 2011

What to wear to a librarian potluck

Fair isle sweater: Forever 21
Gray long sleeve tee: Gap
Jeans: Old Navy
Belt: F21

Today was such a successful day!!  I feel like I have been just trying to make it through for the past few days (I am already behind on my cataloging reading and it is week 2 of the semester. Eek!).  Today I woke up before my alarm for the first time in a long time and, upon searching my closet for warm clothes for my trek to campus, came upon this little sweater I got on sale at Forever 21 last year.  It's so bright and cheery it changed my whole day.  One downside is that is oddly cut so it makes me look a bit bulkier, but the neck detail makes up for it.  I think Fair Isle is a magical pattern (it did originate from Scotland, after all); it definitely made me into a super librarian today.  Feeling very blithe indeed, I felt compelled to wash all of my dishes (which admittedly does not happen until Friday night) and take out my garbage before boarding the bus. I also made a delicious veggie dish for a potluck (more on that later). I worked out today.  I had a lovely reference shift and I also got my intended reading done during slow times.  I got a free cookie while buying an afternoon caffeine fix.  I attended a wonderful potluck dinner with some lovely people.  It's the sweater- I know it.

I need more magic clothes. Perhaps an invisibility cloak as well?

More importantly, this is the dish my sweater and I made for said potluck: Healthy Edamame Salad (Vegan!)

I cannot claim to have found this first; my friends S & B brought this along on a recent friend vacation.  It is amazing and everyone loves it!

All you do is boil some edamame and corn to add to black beans:


Chop some delicious things like limes, garlic, cilantro, scallions, and tomatoes for the vinaigrette dressing:


Then combine and eat:






This and the fair isle sweater are two of my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment