Thursday, January 20, 2011

Liz Lemon Inspired


Gingham Girl, originally uploaded by You dress like a librarian.
Blue gingham checked shirt: Old Navy
Navy Cardigan: Aeropostale
Gray skirt: Merona
Belt: F21
Tights: Target
Boots: Famous Footwear


In honor of tonight's new 30 Rock episode (which I am currently watching) I decided to take a page out of Liz Lemon's book: checkered shirt, navy cardigan, and funky glasses.  I traded the jeans and sneakers for a skirt and tights for a more appropriate reference desk look.  And, of course, I had to belt it.

Today I woke up to the sound of the snow plow.  It snowed thickly and softly for most of the afternoon, which made for a beautiful bus ride.  Whenever it snows, I can't help thinking about the final line of "The Dead": "His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead."  I swoon a bit when it snows- everything is so pure and clean I feel as if I can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment