Monday, January 24, 2011

Vanilla Mondae


Vanilla Sundae, originally uploaded by You dress like a librarian.
Book: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Cream ruffle henley: Aeropostale
Black skirt: Merona
Belt: F21
Tights: Target
Boots: Tretorn


Today was a blah day outside and inside- I was feeling like comfort colors, grays and cream.   However, my day brightened when I put on my trusty red boots.  I actually ended up wearing them all day instead of changing into the gold flats I brought to wear at work. Opps.  The truth is that I felt like being as cozy as possible today since I had to truck it to campus for my virtual chat shift and for a cataloging project when I really felt like staying in bed and reading my book.

It turned out that cataloging was interesting enough without the red boots- I get to go through old versions of travel books to check their metadata record for consistency and to get them ready to be moved to our storage facility.  It was strangely luxurious to sneak peaks at travel books of Egypt, Quebec, China, and Mexico from the 70's. 

And I'm reminded of the importance of what I do- that good books can take people so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment