Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Two for one

White Blouse: F21
Gray pinstripe skirt: The Limited
Red Belt: ??
Black tights: Target
Black heels: Candies
























Mustard Cardigan: Merona
Red  blouse: Old Navy
Jeans: Old Navy
Belt: Forever 21
Shoes: Xhilaration


It's soooo past my bedtime but I had to stay up to finish reading about government documents (I think the key point is not that we have access but that we know how/ have the ability to use this information).  Since I was up (and still in my outfit from today) I decided to catch up on my outfit cataloging and snap both yesterday's and today's outfits since I felt good about them.  Since I focused on the Liz Lemon side of my wardrobe last week I decided to try a bit of the Jenna Maroney side.  I don't think I am up for the JM side of my wardrobe- secretary skirts always make me feel awkwardly sexy.  Like I feel that people will think I am trying to be sexy because I am wearing a snug skirt and I feel self conscious.  It might stem from a past classroom experience where I wore this exact skirt and one of my students actually told me I looked hot (ah community college).  So I went back to pants for the rest of my time there.

I know the "sexy librarian" is a stereotype, just like the strict frumpy librarian, but it feels so inappropriate to be even the least bit sexy.  I guess when your job includes helping students access some of the great scholars and thinkers, attractiveness feels superfluous.

I hope I can find a balance between cute clothes and conservative frumpy librarian wear.  I think that clothing can be a sort of text: it can be symbolic for who we are, how we feel in that given moment.

Too much thought for so late at night!

P.S. In trying to find a picture of JM to illustrate the skirt and blouse combo I actually found one of her awesome boyfriend in said outfit. Even better:

No comments:

Post a Comment