Friday, February 4, 2011

Blue collar


Blue collar, originally uploaded by You dress like a librarian.
Book: Golden Gate: The Life and Times of America's Greatest Bridge
Gray hooded button up sweater: Arizona
Blue button up: Old Navy
Skinny jeans: Old Navy
Argyle socks: American Eagle
Snow boots: From Target last year


I tend to be super organized.  I plan my meals (to maximize my grocery shopping) and I plan my outfits for the week.  This is the best I can do to make up for the fact that I am not a morning person.  If everything is not laid out and ready in the morning, life gets confusing.  Fridays are tricky because I only have a one hour reference shift - it doesn't feel like a real day.  So I had no idea what I was going to wear today, which led to this strange amalgamation of layers.  I'm not sure how I feel about it but it is comfortable and it is, truly, what I wore today so I have to record it in my clothing catalog.

I had to add the book to the picture because I like posing with books and I needed some color in this gray ensemble.  One exciting thing about librarianship is getting the chance to research topics I would not just research for fun- as part of my Assistantship, I have to answer anonymous questions students can send in to our "question board."  Every G.A. answers a couple questions a semester and these answers are posted on a bulletin board by the entrance.  I snagged the one about who thought of the idea and design for the Golden Gate bridge and why.  Most of the time, things I do for my job are more exciting than the homework I have to finish for class.

And it's so appropriate because isn't that what my life is right now, a bridge?  I am traveling in between permanent places.  My path seems so clear- just follow this bridge and I will reach the other side, the greener grass.  I know so clearly what I want, what I want to do, that I forget to look around and enjoy what is occurring around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment