Saturday, February 26, 2011

Weekend "Red-y"


Red and ruffle, originally uploaded by You dress like a librarian.
Book: Jane Eyre
Tan ruffle sweater: New York and Company
Black tee: Gap
Red skirt: H&M
Brown belt: Forever 21
Black tights: Target
Brown Boots: Famous Footwear

Just a quick post to show off my Friday outfit which was perfect for a reference shift and an awesome new friend date of Shamrock shakes (it's unlike any mint shake I have ever tastes) and a viewing of The King's Speech (which is indeed as fabulous as everyone says it is). I absolutely love this red skirt- it not only has a forgiving stretchy waist, but is such a pretty shade of red (almost coral).

I've been rereading Jane Eyre in the mornings in preparation for the March 11th release of the movie. It's not my favorite Bronte book, mainly because I read Wide Sargasso Sea before Jane Eyre and that really skewed my perception of Rochester (to the point that I despise him at points in Jane Eyre where you are supposed to find him attractive). Anyways, it's a good read.

Also a good read is last week's reading for my cataloging class (which I caught up on today, finally!!) that discusses the idea of how we name things (specifically in the context of selecting subject headings for works). Catalogers have a few liberties with customization but the rules for what we pick as a book's main subject heading is dictated by our cultural norms. Nothing revolutionary here, but it is interesting considering why some works have less or more specific subject headings.

No comments:

Post a Comment