Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day!


Chocolate dots, originally uploaded by You dress like a librarian.
Gray cardigan: Old Navy
Brown polka dot button up shirt: Odille (Anthro)
Brown Cords: Old Navy
Socks: Target


Today I bundled up in my heaviest winter wear (think multiple pairs of socks and gloves) to go to our weekly grad assistant meeting.  Then I had a leisurely lunch with some fellow G.A.s, until one of our bosses came to the break room and informed us the library was closing for the day.  When I got to the library it was not snowing at all.  When we left it was hailing ice.  Needless to say I quickly snapped this awkward picture as soon as I got home so that I could change into sweatpants immediately.  This brown polka dot top is one of my favorite purchases and I do not wear it enough.  It was not only on sale at Anthro (and was actually my first Anthropologie purchase) but it has my favorite pattern (polka dot!) and it is stretchy, so it is the only button up shirt I can wear without fear of gapping. I have never paired it with my brown cords before but this morning I was determined to make my brown cords look semi-cute (because I needed to wear thick pants today- tights were not an option) and had a flash of inspiration.

I think the chocolate colors of the ensemble led to more inspiration as I decided to retreat to my bedroom for some hot cocoa (with Baileys...is it okay to drink during the day if it is a snow day?) and fun reading (Flannery O'Connor) under my favorite quilt before I tackled my cataloging project tonight.  Part of the reason was that my neighbor also had a snow day and was playing his music really loud and my bedroom is on the opposite side of the apartment.  The other part of the reason was that my bus ride home was long, crowded, and cold.

Whatever the reason, it was a good choice:

No comments:

Post a Comment